The Nazareth House of San Rafael has been serving Bay Area seniors for more than 50 years, providing a unique blend of highly professional and attentive care that is imbued with a core belief in values such as love, compassion, patience and respect. These basic beliefs guide all we do and everyone who works here. And among those who reside here, we’ve come to appreciate how much those same universal values seem to resonate more deeply as time goes on.
All Faiths are Welcome
Although our demographic mix has historically reflected a Catholic majority, there’s no shortage of Nazareth House residents who practice other religions. Indeed, diversity in all things — be it spiritual, philosophical, ethnic or political — is an idea we reaffirm constantly with our guiding policies and daily practices.
Our Location in San Rafael
Besides its proximity to world-class destinations like San Francisco and The Wine Country, Northern California’s Marin County is famous in its own right for the exceptional confluence of sophisticated living amid natural beauty it enjoys.
In San Rafael’s Terra Linda neighborhood, where Nazareth House is located, we are mostly surrounded by attractive residential housing — with one important exception: A major Kaiser hospital complex is right across the street. There’s also a popular shopping hub, The Mall at Northgate, a few blocks away. Additional fine dining and shopping are nearby, as is one of Marin’s premier entertainment venues, Frank Lloyd Wright’s iconic masterwork, Marin Civic Center.
Gorgeous gardens encircle a single story, mission-style building with its own large and gracefully appointed chapel, sparkling with stained glass windows. Resident rooms have an exterior entrance to a garden or patio.
For recreation there’s the game room, or maybe a light workout in the fitness area. There’s even a gift shop and beauty salon.
A short summary of on-site amenities includes:
- Immaculately maintained gardens and landscaping with walking paths and a Bocce court
- Easily accessible, single-level living spaces featuring multiple views in most rooms
- Complimentary housekeeping and laundry services, plus all utilities paid — including cable TV
- Spacious common areas: Large dining room, beauty salon, fitness area, game room and gift shop
- On-site commercial kitchen with an Executive Chef and a consulting Registered Dietitian trained in the dietary needs of seniors
- The services of an active and engaged auxiliary support group
- A full program of organized recreational and social activities
- Close to parks, cafés and shopping — including The Mall at Northgate
- Across from Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
- Complimentary transportation to local appointments and errands (with some restrictions)